Privacy and GDPR Policy of Cornerstone Communications SRL
At Cornerstone Communications SRL, accessible from www.cornerstone-comm.ro, www.cornerstone-comm.pl and www.cornerstone-comm.eu, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors. This Privacy and GDPR Policy document contains types of information that is collected and recorded by Cornerstone Communications SRL and how we use it.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we are collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we will protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
1. What data do we collect?
We collect the following data from our website users:
- Personal information – that information that can identify you and may include, for example, your full name, phone number, email address, your employer, etc.
- Information through which we cannot personally identify you – information that usually refers to the computer or mobile device from which you access the services of www.cornerstone-comm.ro, but which does not personally identify you. This information may include, among other things, the web pages you have visited, the services you have accessed, the advertising sent to you, the transaction history, the IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), information about your Internet connection, date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, number of clicks etc. Cornerstone Communications SRL follows a standard procedure of collecting and using such information. The purpose of collecting the following information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
We may also collect information about your use of our services. We can also collect information about the marketing messages we send you and how you respond to them.
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data about you in the following manner:
- directly – when you register on our website, cornerstone-comm.ro, when you subscribe to our newsletter, register for one of our events or when you interact directly with us;
Additionally, if you have previously provided us with personal information, we can automatically associate that information with other information we collect so that we can identify you on multiple devices and browsers, giving you the same browsing experience, indifferent the environment you are connecting from.
Please note that you may request at any time to exclude you from our database, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although your account will be deleted, we will keep certain information only for the purpose of answering your questions or requests of any kind that you may have in the future.
3. How will we use your data?
We (and our service providers) can use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we can use the information collected through our website:
- to provide you with products, services or information that you have requested;
- for customizing the services which we offer;
- in order to answer your requests and comments;
- to invite you to events that are organized or co-organized by us;
- to invite you to participate in surveys, market research or other types of activities;
- to e-mail you the information or offers that we think you might like;
- to be able to provide technical support related to our products/services;
- to be able to communicate to you announcements and send to you administrative messages;
- to send you newsletters and information about our products, services and information related to us or to other companies or organizations with whom and for whom we work;
- to recognize the devices, which you use when you access www.cornerstone-comm.ro and assign them to your profile.
4. With whom and how to we exchange information about you
It is possible that we share your personal information with third-parties. These parties are identified as following:
- Service Providers: to perform certain functions related to our activity, we can provide your data to third parties. For example, our service providers can provide services such as research, analysis, web hosting, transaction execution, database maintenance, supplying services and technology platforms, deliveries and payment processing, parcel delivery. Typically, when we provide personal information to these companies, we take great care to share only the information that these companies need to perform their functions, noting that this information can be used only when it is necessary to perform service on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. Similarly, when necessary, we take steps to require our service providers to protect the personal information provided to them.
- Companies buying our business or assets: if we sell the entire company Cornerstone Communications SRL, a part of it, its assets, or we are involved in a business merger or business transfer, we may, at our discretion, transfer or assign part or all of the information to a third party as a part of that transaction. Following such a transfer, the privacy policies of the receiving entity may govern the use and subsequent collection of your personal information.
- Legal Reasons: we may use or disclose information, in whole or in part, to cooperate or support law enforcement, governmental or regulatory bodies, content protection organizations, or judicial processes in connection with or to prevent suspected or possible fraud. We may also use or disclose information that we consider appropriate insofar as the records were quoted or related to ongoing or potential disputes, or to impose or protect the rights and/or safety of online service users.
5. How do we protect your data?
We assure you that we maintain both the procedures and the technical / access norms for the services of www.cornerstone-comm.ro to a very high standard, in order to protect your personal data against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction. Nonetheless, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% safe and secure. Third parties, which are not under our control, may intercept or illegally access private broadcasts or communications. Consequently, any transmission of personal identity information is done on its own. If you notice any irregularities with our website or services and you think we can help you, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
Please note that the information we collect about you may be transferred or saved in locations outside the European Union (EU). There may be situations when the processing of your data can be done by persons, who are employees of our service providers, located outside the EU. By providing your personal information in the forms provided on our website, you consent to the above.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Natural persons have specific rights according to the laws in force regarding the protection of personal data. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Your rights include, but are not limited to:
- The right to access and to be informed – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data in order to access, review and update the information that we store. You have the right to be informed about what personal information we collect, how it is processed, and to whom is your information is provided/communicated.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request us to erase your personal data if the retention of your personal data is no longer necessary, provided that there is no legitimate interest or legal requirement to keep your personal data by us.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. Should such request be made, we will respond if we are able, and to what extent, comply with your request.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to us from processing of your personal data or for using it for marketing and research purposes, under certain conditions. Should such request be made, we will respond if we are able, and to what extent, comply with your request.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Agreement for processing and transfer of information about you
Purpose – as a customer or potential customer of Cornerstone Communications SRL, you need to freely provide us your consent to obtain and process your personal information, in line with the specific and legitimate purpose for which we collect the data. Prior to providing the said consent, you need to be informed about this policy.
Cornerstone Communications recognizes the need to maintain the confidentiality of private, sensitive and proprietary information of all Cornerstone Communications’ clients. In the below section, legitimate interest for client information, we provide you information about our legitimate interest for processing our customers’ data. Additionally, Cornerstone Communications retains the specific rights offered to our clients and audiences, in conformity with applicable laws on the protection of the collected personal data and the manner in which they are processed by Cornerstone Communications. In the above section, “What are your data protection rights?”, we have highlighted your individual rights in relation to the processing of your personal data by Cornerstone Communications.
Legitimate interest for client information – Cornerstone Communications SRL will process the personal data of its current and potential clients and partners for legitimate business purposes. The purpose of collecting the data shall not, nonetheless, be limited to providing information or services, but can also include actions necessary for operational, administrative, human resources (HR) and customer relationship management. Specific examples include, but are not limited to:
- Developing our business by acquiring new clients or partners;
- Collecting customer data and creating profiles to increase the availability of services that we deliver to our clients;
- Sharing data with third parties, which may or may not be our clients, with the intention of improving our and our clients’ services and products.
8. Cookies and web beacons
Like many other websites, we use ‘cookies’. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
9. Privacy policies of other websites
Our website contains links to other websites, which are not operated by us. Cornerstone Communications SRL’s Privacy and GDPR Policy does not apply to other websites or advertisers.
Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies. Thus, we are advising you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt-out of certain options.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
10. Children’s information
We prioritize providing protection to children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Cornerstone Communications SRL does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
By using our website, available at: www.cornerstone-comm.ro, www.cornerstone-comm.pl and www.cornerstone-comm.eu, you hereby consent to our Privacy and GDPR Policy and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
13. Contact us
If you have any question about our Privacy and GDPR policy, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: +40 31 22 533 73