Polityka plików cookie dla Cornerstone Communications SRL
The information presented below aims at providing users with more details on the placing, the use and the management of the cookies used by our website.
What Are Cookies
An “internet cookie” (also known as “browser cookie”, “HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a file of small dimensions, consisting of letters and numbers which will be stored on the user’s computer, mobile device or other equipment from which internet is accessed.
A cookie consists of two parts: name and content (or value). Moreover, the lifetime of a cookie is determined. Technically, only the webserver which sent the cookie may access it again when the user returns to the website associated with such webserver.
The cookies by themselves do not require personal data in order to be used and, in most cases, do not identify internet users.
There are two main categories of cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting a website. Once you leave the website, the session cookie is deleted. Persistent cookie files remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser’s subfolder for the period set within the cookie’s file.
Lifetime of a cookie
The lifetime of a cookie may significantly vary, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. As mentioned above, some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (session cookies) and are not kept once the user leaves the website, while other cookies are kept and reused each time the user comes back to the respective website (persistent cookies). However, the cookies may be deleted by a user at any time by means of browser settings.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Below, we provide you links where you can learn more about disabling cookies for the most common internet browsers on computers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Apple Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera – https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
And on smartphones or tablets:
- Google Chrome on Android – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1
- Google Chrome on iOS (Apple) – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=1&hl=en
- Safari on iOS (Apple) – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this website.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies – this site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies – when you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact or event registration pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies – in order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
Content sections from certain websites may be provided through third parties/providers (for example, a video). Such third parties may place these cookies on the website (called “third party cookies” since they are not placed by the owner of the website). The third-party providers also have to observe the legal regulations in force and the confidentiality policies of the website owner.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page. To opt out from the Google Analytics tracking across all websites, please click on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites – Facebook and LinkedIn. These sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Adapt Browser Settings to Cookies
If you are the only person using the computer, you may set long terms of expiry for browsing history. If you share the computer, you may consider setting the browser to delete the browsing data each time when you close the browser.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us by e-mail, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies Policy in Romanian
For the Romanian version of Cornerstone Communications’ Cookies Policy please click here. Please note however that in case of any ambiguities, the English language version of the Cookies Policy shall prevail.